By LauraBoothman at 16:41 on 02/09/12
0 comments... add your comments below
Highgate Horticultural Society's 26th Autumn Show will be held on Saturday 15 September at the United Reformed Church, South Grove, Highgate Village, N6 6BA.
The show, including plant and produce stalls and homemade teas and cakes is open from 2-5pm. Awards will be presented at 3.30 pm, and the raffle drawn at 4.30 pm followed by the auction of exhibits.
For more information see http://tinyurl.com/96u7n95
Despite recent unseasonal weather including August thunder and hail storms, there will be lots of glorious Autumn colour on show. This Autumn's classes include:
• Late summer colour from chrysanthemums, dahlias and asters
• Floating flower heads, marigolds, ornamental berries and fruit
• Pot plants and foliage plants
Fruit and Vegetables:
• The last of the season's berries: raspberries, blackberries
• The autumn harvest of apples and pears, perhaps even a fig or two
• Lots of root veg – carrots, potatoes, as well as beans, onions and more
• The glory of the season, baskets of autumn flowers
• 'Harvest festival' and miniature exhibits
• Halloween masks, vegetable monsters, seed collages
Domestics (Home baking):
• Cakes with ususal ingredients!
• Jams, jellies, chutneys, pickles and quiches
Among the 17 cups and awards to presented at the show:
• FAITH COPE MORGAN AWARD for most points in cut flowers
• JACK HURST AWARD for best exhibit in runner beans.
• DAME FRANCES GARDNER CUP for best exhibit in single vegetable classes
• D.J. HAWKINS BOWL for most points in decorative classes 5
Date: Saturday, September 15, 2012