Bus strike today
By JulieGK | Thursday, November 29, 2012, 10:27
Bus services in north London operated by Arriva expected to be severely disrupted by 24-hour action and some services may not run.
The planned strike action has affected bus services in north London from early of this morning and is expected to continue through until the early hours of tomorrow morning (Friday).
Bus services operated by other companies across the Capital are unaffected and will operate a normal service.
The strike action by members of the Unite union, who work for Arriva London North, is owing to a pay dispute between members of the Unite union who work at several north London bus garages and their employers, Arriva London North.
Some tweeters are unsympathetic though.
@Asher_leigh said: "So because Arriva are on strike I have to walk from Liverpool Street to Hoxton. #happythursday #late"
@binny_uk said: "Arriva North London are on strike - though I can't say I've really noticed"
@sociopsychopath say: "#NorthLondon #Busstrike I guess that explains why I'm still stuck on a bus that I didn't want to be on to start with!
It will affect bus routes in north London but also some routes into central London, including the 29, 38, 73, 149 and 243. TfL is keeping passengers informed of the status of their services in a range of ways.
- Up-to-date information on bus services by route at tfl.gov.uk/buses
- The facility to check for bus arrival times using the Countdown next bus arrival service online, on mobile devices at m.countdown.tfl.gov.uk or via the SMS text service
- Information on the latest situation provided via TfL's roadside countdown signs
- Travel alerts provided through Twitter, follow @TfLOfficial and @TfLBusAlerts
- Providing information to radio and television broadcasts for use in news bulletins
- A range of easily available apps for handheld devices which now use TfL's live bus information
- A large number of staff across the network and at key travel hubs to provide advice to passengers